jeudi 20 août 2009

So many challenges... so little time...

This week my attention was grabbed by a number of card challenges. I'm glad to have found them, because I have neglected cards lately. I also really enjoyed them, because they pulled me out of the rut and pushed me in new directions.

I created the first card, "Haute Couture", for the Get Sketchy challenge. This is their first challenge and they are promising to post one every Friday. You can check it out here:
http://www.getsketchy.blogspot.com/

To create my card, I used (you can't really tell from the picture) pre-embossed card stock from Michaels, designer paper from Graphic 45's Fashionista collection (have I mentioned that I LOVE Graphic 45?), a decorative metallic brad and a few pearls.


Next in line is the "Celebrate" card. I submitted this one for the august card challenge on Scrapbook Café - http://forumscrapbookcafe.forums-actifs.com/forum.htm
Very simple, once again pre-embossed card stock and ribbon from Michaels, rub-on candles from miniMARKS, metallic flower and chipboard sentiment from the Dollar store, and some glitter to spice it up.

Last, but not least... "The beat goes on", submitted to Scrap Whispers for challenge #41. This was a really fun challenge - the theme was a Shreck in the swamp karaoke video - so it was wide open for inspiration...



Well, that's it for the cards... but till the next time, here is another quote...
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."

5 commentaires:

~amy~ a dit...

wow...lovely cards..I especially love your Get Sketchy card...the pearls are such a nice touch!

Dora a dit...

Beautiful take on the Get Sketchy sketch! Thnx for playing!

Shemaine Smith a dit...

Love you graphic 45 take on the sketch!

Anonyme a dit...

Beautiful cards,
I love Graphic 45 too
Thanks for playing with us.

Anonyme a dit...

Beautiful cards,
I love Graphic 45 too
Thanks for playing with us.